Taillon, Simms recognized
By Glenn Sattell
One player each from both The Woodlands and College Park baseball teams were recognized last week at the 25th annual Houston Baseball Dinner at the Hilton Americas.
That's where the Houston Athletic Committee announced its preseason All-Greater Houston high school baseball team. Among those outstanding players selected were The Woodlands pitcher Jameson Taillon and College Park pitcher/first baseman John Simms.
Taillon was an All-State Third Team selection last year and over the summer recorded a record 16 strikeouts to lead USA Baseball 18U National Team to a gold medal at the Pan Am Games in Venezuela. Taillon has verbally committed to play baseball at Rice
- 13 The Woodlands runners complete The Green 6.2
- Ironman Sports Medicine Institute opens new location
- Interfaith of The Woodlands earns third place awards from Association of Directory Publishers
- Obituary: William Robert Preslar Sr. (1927-2013)
- 3 The Woodlands runners complete Rise and Shine 5k
Local Advertising by PaperG