The Woodlands grad Carr plays in VMI loss
The Woodlands High School graduate Joe Carr scored five points in Virginia Military Institute's 112-74 loss to Marist College on Saturday, Feb. 23 at McCann Arena in Poughkeepsie, N.Y., the VMI website reported.
The senior guard also recorded seven assists and two steals for the Keydets, who are 11-6 on the season.
VMI's next game is at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 26 at Liberty University.
Carr played Woodlands Christian Academy basketball in 2006-2009 leading them to the TAPPS State Championship his junior and senior year. He was also named District Player of the Year for two seasons while also earning all-state honors for three consecutive seasons. In addition to playing for Woodlands Christian Academy, Carr was selected to play in the Canary Island International Basketball Tournament; he played against teams from Spain and the Canary Islands. Team captain and Montgomery County Player of the Year (two seasons), he was also a finalist for the Conroe Rotary Club Scholar-Athlete of the Year.
For more information, visit www.nmnathletics.com.
- 13 The Woodlands runners complete The Green 6.2
- Ironman Sports Medicine Institute opens new location
- Interfaith of The Woodlands earns third place awards from Association of Directory Publishers
- Obituary: William Robert Preslar Sr. (1927-2013)
- Magnolia ISD high schools' lunch menu, May 20-24
Local Advertising by PaperG