The Woodlands grad Carr plays in VMI loss
The Woodlands High School graduate Joe Carr scored four points in Virginia Military Institute's 78-67 loss to conference rival High Point University on Tuesday, Feb. 19 at Cameron Hall in Lexington, Va., the VMI website reported.
The senior guard also recorded six rebounds and seven assists for the Keydets, who are 11-14 on the season and 6-7 in the Big South.
VMI's next game is 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 21 at Charleston Southern University.
Carr played Woodlands Christian Academy basketball in 2006-2009, leading the team to the TAPPS State Championship his junior and senior years. He was named District Player of the Year for two seasons while also earning all-state honors for three consecutive seasons. In addition to playing for Woodlands Christian Academy, Carr was selected to play in the Canary Island International Basketball Tournament against teams from Spain and the Canary Islands. Team captain and Montgomery County Player of the Year for two seasons, Carr was also a finalist for the Conroe Rotary Club Scholar-Athlete of the Year.
For more information, visit www.nmnathletics.com.
- 13 The Woodlands runners complete The Green 6.2
- Ironman Sports Medicine Institute opens new location
- Magnolia ISD high schools' lunch menu, May 20-24
- Magnolia ISD middle schools' lunch menu, May 20-24
- Interfaith of The Woodlands earns third place awards from Association of Directory Publishers
Local Advertising by PaperG