College Park grad Shafer plays in Rice University loss
College Park High School graduate Megan Shafer played for Rice University in a 89-49 loss at home against Baylor University on Nov. 27 at Tudor Fieldhouse in Houston.
The sophomore forward recorded two rebounds for the Owls, who are 2-4 on the season.
Rice University's next game is 1 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 1 at home against McNeese State University.
Shafer is a 2011 graduate of College Park in The Woodlands, where she was a McDonald's All-American nominee. A four-year letter winner and two-year starter for coach Michelle Richardson, Shafer is from The Woodlands and is the daughter of Eddie and Fran Shafer.
For more information, visit www.riceowls.com.
- 13 The Woodlands runners complete The Green 6.2
- Ironman Sports Medicine Institute opens new location
- Interfaith of The Woodlands earns third place awards from Association of Directory Publishers
- Magnolia ISD high schools' lunch menu, May 20-24
- Obituary: William Robert Preslar Sr. (1927-2013)
Local Advertising by PaperG