Three men arrested after traffic stop in The Woodlands area
Cesar Garcia, 26, of Houston, Ignacio Esquivel, 25, of Mexico, and Gilberto Espino, 31, of Mexico, were arrested by the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office at 3 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 31 after a traffic stop.
Garcia was charged with smuggling of persons and Esquivel with false report to a peace officer.
Garcia is being held on a $30,000 bond.
According to the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office, "Deputy Mike Uber stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation as it exited Interstate Highway 45 traveling into The Woodlands. The driver was arrested for smuggling of persons, and the occupants were arrested for false report to a peace officer. An immigration hold has been placed on all five persons. The other two arrested for false report to a peace officer, named Juan de Jesus Velasquez and Luis Gallego, are both from Mexico."
- 13 The Woodlands runners complete The Green 6.2
- Ironman Sports Medicine Institute opens new location
- Interfaith of The Woodlands earns third place awards from Association of Directory Publishers
- Obituary: William Robert Preslar Sr. (1927-2013)
- 3 The Woodlands runners complete Rise and Shine 5k
Local Advertising by PaperG