Kiwanis host annual children's fishing tournament Sept. 1
The Woodlands Kiwanis Club will host its 29th annual Kid's Fishing Tournament Saturday, Sept. 1.
The event is open to children 16 and younger, with organizers expecting more than 200 participants in this year's activities. In addition to fishing, free food, drinks and bait will be available for all tournament fishers. Children should bring their own fishing poles and lawn chairs. Families are welcome.
Registration for the tournament begins at 7 a.m., followed by the fishing start at 8 a.m. The best fishing spots will go to the first registered. All participants will receive trophies at the tournament's conclusion.
The Kid's Fishing Tournament will be at Creekwood Park in Panther Creek Village, across from McCullough Junior High School at 3800 South Panther Creek Drive.
The Woodlands Kiwanis Club, as part Kiwanis International, aims to help area children. The group meets at 7 a.m. Thursdays at the South County Community Center on Lake Robbins Drive. Meetings are open to men, women and teenagers.
For more information, contact George Van Horn at 281-651-9555.
- 13 The Woodlands runners complete The Green 6.2
- Ironman Sports Medicine Institute opens new location
- Interfaith of The Woodlands earns third place awards from Association of Directory Publishers
- Obituary: William Robert Preslar Sr. (1927-2013)
- 3 The Woodlands runners complete Rise and Shine 5k
Local Advertising by PaperG