Woodlands HS grad Paul Goldschmidt goes yard against St. Louis
Woodlands High School graduate Paul Goldschmidt hit a home run, but the Arizona Diamondbacks fell to the St. Louis Cardinals 5-2 Wednesday, Aug.15.
Goldschmidt went 1-for-4, with his 17th homer of the season, a solo shot.
On the year, Goldschmidt is batting .295 with 17 home runs, 62 RBIs and 11 stolen bases.
Goldschmidt is a 2006 graduate of The Woodlands High School. He was drafted by the Los Angeles Dodgers in the 49th round (1,453rd overall) of the 2006 Major League Baseball draft, but he did not sign with the team. Goldschmidt accepted a baseball scholarship at Texas State and played three seasons for the Bobcats appearing in 151 career games from 2007-09.
Goldschmidt was drafted in the eighth round (246th overall) of the 2009 MLB draft by the Arizona Diamondbacks. In 2010, his first full professional season, he was named MVP of the California League (advanced class-A) and the Diamondbacks minor league player of the year after batting .314 with 42 doubles, three triples, 35 home runs and 108 RBI for Vasalia.
Goldschmidt was born Sept. 10, 1987 in Wilmington, DE.
- 13 The Woodlands runners complete The Green 6.2
- Ironman Sports Medicine Institute opens new location
- Interfaith of The Woodlands earns third place awards from Association of Directory Publishers
- Magnolia ISD high schools' lunch menu, May 20-24
- Magnolia ISD middle schools' lunch menu, May 20-24
Local Advertising by PaperG