Rotary Club of East Montgomery County inducts new president
The Rotary Club of East Montgomery has announced Gary Southard as its new president.
Southard took over the leadership duties from his predecessor Scott Brady at the club meeting on June 26. Southard is a Paul Harris Fellow, a distinction given to members who exemplify the spirit of the club's founder.
"As 2012-2013 president of the Rotary Club of East Montgomery County, it is my desire to see us carry out Rotary International’s theme Peace Through Service locally," Southard said in a press release.
Southard's presidential goals include enhanced community awareness about the Rotary's mission, membership increase and strengthening the club's finances.
Southard owns the human resources company Rising Star P.E.O.P.L.E. Concepts. He also serves as a pastor and chaplain in Porter, as treasurer of the Community Chamber of Commerce of East Montgomery and as a board member of New Horizons, Inc.
New officers for the 2012-2013 session include: President-Elect Debbie Needham; Secretary Suann Hereford; Treasurer Angela Allen; and Sergeant-At-Arms Doug Bonsal.
- 13 The Woodlands runners complete The Green 6.2
- Ironman Sports Medicine Institute opens new location
- Interfaith of The Woodlands earns third place awards from Association of Directory Publishers
- Magnolia ISD high schools' lunch menu, May 20-24
- Magnolia ISD middle schools' lunch menu, May 20-24
Local Advertising by PaperG