Woodlands HS star Paul Goldschmidt homers in Diamondbacks' win
Woodlands High School graduate Paul Goldschmidt blasted his 13th home run of the season, as Arizona beat Colorado 6-2 Monday.
Goldschmidt scored two runs and went 1-for-3, with a walk and his solo-shot.
On the season, Goldschmidt is batting .292, with 13 home runs, 46 RBIs and nine stolen bases.
Goldschmidt was drafted by the Los Angeles Dodgers in the 49th round, 1,453 rd overall, of the 2006 Major League Baseball draft, but opted to attend college at Texas State.
He was drafted in the eighth round, 246 th overall, of the 2009 MLB draft by the Arizona Diamondbacks. In 2010, his first full professional season, he was named MVP of the California League and the Diamondbacks minor league player of the year after batting .314 with 42 doubles, 3 triples, 35 home runs and 108 RBI for Vasalia.
- 13 The Woodlands runners complete The Green 6.2
- Ironman Sports Medicine Institute opens new location
- Interfaith of The Woodlands earns third place awards from Association of Directory Publishers
- Magnolia ISD high schools' lunch menu, May 20-24
- Obituary: William Robert Preslar Sr. (1927-2013)
Local Advertising by PaperG