Harris County police investigate fatal motorcycle crash
The Harris County police are investigating a fatal motorcycle crash that happened early June 17.
According to a press release, around 1:15 a.m. on Sunday, James William Smith was riding a black 2005 Yamaha motorcycle west on FM 529, commonly known as Freeman Road.
Smith approached the rear of a black Volkswagen Golf, also traveling west, and the car slowed down to turn left onto Enchanted Creek Drive. Smith tried to pass to the right of the Volkswagen and lost control on the loose gravel.
Smith, who wasn't wearing a helmet, was thrown from the motorcycle and suffered severe head trauma. He was taken via Life Flight to Memorial
Hermann Hospital in critical condition. He died from his injuries at 4:14 p.m.
- 13 The Woodlands runners complete The Green 6.2
- Ironman Sports Medicine Institute opens new location
- Magnolia ISD high schools' lunch menu, May 20-24
- Magnolia ISD middle schools' lunch menu, May 20-24
- Interfaith of The Woodlands earns third place awards from Association of Directory Publishers
Local Advertising by PaperG