Rescue groups launch new spay/neuter alliance, offer pet vaccination clinic July 14
The Alliance to Spay/Neuter Montgomery County, a new consortium of rescue organizations, shelters and animal welfare groups, will hold a free pet vaccination clinic from 6:30-9:30 a.m. Saturday, July 14.
The clinic takes place at the Precinct 4 County Barn, 23628 Roberts Road, New Caney.
In addition to the vaccinations, owners can sign up their pets for spay or neuter surgery. Alliance members have combined resources and will match pet owners who reside in east Montgomery County with vouchers for free or discounted spay/neuter surgery.
The vouchers will be available on a first-come, first-served basis, with some surgery appointments made on-site.
Limited transportation help will also be available to assist owners with keeping the appointments.
To support the alliance's efforts, residents can volunteer or make a donation to any of the participating groups.
The Alliance to Spay/Neuter Montgomery County includes:
• K-9 Corral, 281-354-9546
• Lone Star Animal Welfare League, www.lsawl.org
• Spay Houston, www.spayhouston.org
• Montgomery County Animal Society, www.mcaspets.org
• Bruce Kapp Memorial Animal Fund, www.brucekappanimalfund.com
• Wags to Whiskers, www.wagstowhiskerstx.com
• Animal Shelter Volunteers of Texas, www.conroeanimalshelter.com
• Clipped Ear Cat Sanctuary, www.clippedear.org
• Operation Pets Alive, www.operationpetsalive.org
Local Advertising by PaperG