Pro Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt, Arizona Diamondbacks
Paul Goldschmidt went 1 for 1 in the Arizona Diamondbacks's 5-0 loss at the Los Angeles Angels on Thursday. Goldschmidt graduated from The Woodlands High School.
Goldschmidt is a 2006 graduate of The Woodlands High School. He was drafted by the Los Angeles Dodgers in the 49th round (1,453rd overall) of the 2006 Major League Baseball draft, but he did not sign. Goldschmidt accepted a baseball scholarship at Texas State and played three seasons (2007 to 2009) for the Bobcats appearing in 151 career games. Goldschmidt was drafted in the eighth round (246th overall) of the 2009 MLB draft by the Arizona Diamondbacks. In 2010, his first full professional season, he was named MVP of the California League (advanced class-A) and the Diamondbacks minor league player of the year after batting .314 with 42 doubles, three triples, 35 home runs and 108 RBI for Vasalia. Goldschmidt was born Sept. 10, 1987 in Wilmington, DE.
Filed under: Games
- 13 The Woodlands runners complete The Green 6.2
- Ironman Sports Medicine Institute opens new location
- Magnolia ISD high schools' lunch menu, May 20-24
- Magnolia ISD middle schools' lunch menu, May 20-24
- Interfaith of The Woodlands earns third place awards from Association of Directory Publishers
What's on your mind?
and leave us a voicemail
Local Advertising by PaperG